Event proceeds benefit Wilson High School Fire and Police Magnet Cadet Program and Ascot Hills Park.
The Los Angeles Unified School District and The Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) have partnered in bringing the very first LAFD fire academy magnet school program to Woodrow Wilson High School in El Sereno, CA, joining the existing LAPD student police cadet program. The four-year high school career path programs offer a rigorous and disciplined curriculum developed for young men and women expressing an interest in a public service career. Proceeds provide students with amenities such as uniforms, hats, and training equipment. In addition, a portion of the proceeds assists with the efforts to beautify and maintain Ascot Hills Park for its continual community use.
$30.00 Registration Includes:
- Live DJ
- Commemorative dry fit t-shirt.
- Commemorative finisher medal.
- Goody bag / handouts from participating sponsors and merchants.
- Winner medals for overall top three male and female finishers.
- Collectible LAFD Special edition Chief's challenge coin for top ten overall finishers.
- Divisional medals for top three males and females of each age category.
- Raffles, community and wellness booths
- Live on site and online results
- Amazing photo/selfie ops along the course.
The 3.1 mile trail course consists of three rolling hills with a peak elevation of 435 ft. The course is challenging and welcomes all levels of runners, walkers and hikers. Everyone will enjoy the fantastic views!
From 1924 through 1936, Ascot Hills Park was the Legion Ascot Motor Speedway - a large race track that drew thousands of fans and celebrities to El Sereno. Imagine the Indy 500 taking place in the community every week with the smell of exhaust, fuel and loud roaring engines. It was the most exciting and deadliest racetrack in Los Angeles' history. The Ascot Hills Challenge covers part of this historic track. Click below to learn more. (Thank you to the El Sereno Historical Society for providing the link).
Whats the next step?
ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE.